[jhb_airlines] Re: Idiot's guide to Linux

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:49 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> Distrowatch web site and follow the links to any of the top ten distros
> and you should find free downloads.
I did just that.  The top ten all seemed to be linked to OSDisc and cost
something (although
trivial). I'm not bothered.  For $7.00 I wasn't bothered to trawl around the
web for something I
wouldn't know whether it was any good when I found it, whereas fedora Core 6
seemed to be one of the
best. My "downside" comment is more accurately expressed that was a bit
surprised not to find a free
one obviously emblazoned across the page at distrowatch.