[jhb_airlines] Re: Idiot's guide to Linux

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:44 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I have sent off for a Fedora Core 6.0 DVD from www.osdisc.com.  I'm definitely
one of the serious
ones here!
Only downside so far is that I had hoped to find a downloadable free version of
Linux, but didn't.
Still, $7.00 doesn't exactly break the bank for an O.S., does it?  Not compared
to the £450.00 you'd
have to shell out if you wanted a new full version of MSOffice 2007! No wonder
most of the business
world is still on Office 97! I even got an email from OSDisc apologising for
having to delay
shipment 24 hours because Denver airport was buried in 15" of snow in a
blizzard!

Peter