[jhb_airlines] Re: Ideas Wanted

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 18:04:01 +0100

One of the problems with Autogen is that some of the tools used are not
"efficient". When VFR AddOns first started populating with Autogen one tool
used was Art's Autogen program. This could create a huge number of autogen
areas - easily exceeding the 600 per tile limit. The trouble was that not
all these areas would create trees in FS. The result was hundred of tiles
loaded up to the 600 limit but not a lot showing in FS to indicate the level
of detail.

The current tool is AgenT which is far better - but there are still a lot of
areas created with the older tools. I suspect this is why VFR Add-ons are
working on a fully populated tree set of AGN files - all automatically
created with AgenT. I'm not sure what the current status of this is.