[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO session 24-09-08

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:02:04 +0100

First step, quite painless, is just to set framerate at Unlimited. In many cases that produces a dramatic increase.

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
Looks good Mike

I have just loaded up my new machine, and like an idiot, loaded up FSX + SP1 + SP2. straight away.

Current frame rates are max 10, yes 10 frames. For a 4 core 2.83 machine with a 9800gtx card!!!

I am going to uninstall, then reinstall and test at each stage, but I think my mistake was in loading SP2. I am sure that the frame rates plummeted then.

Mind you, moving the main sliders up or down, makes no difference to the frame rates, even with AG on or off.

I think that I will have to get some tweaks for this setup, the FRs should be thro the roof, my old machine is at least 3 times faster!!

Back to the drawing board

Frank F

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>