[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO session 24-09-08

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:56:11 +0100

Nice screenshot.

I'm quite impressed with the IoM scenery considering it was created from
little more than photographs. For most users it will be quite acceptable but
I find a disadvantage in that having worked at the place for so long the
very slight differences in scale or proportion create a far greater reaction
in my mind that something's not quite right. What I think is happening is
that he's got it so close to the real layout that it registers in my head
that it's Ronaldsway but then there must be something going on in my memory
cells because I get a strong signal that it's not right. Weird.

The building colours are slightly out too - more a mushroom colour (yellow
blending towards brown) than any tone of red:

http://www.island-images2.co.uk/Aircraft/Air08/GD140921.html
http://www.island-images2.co.uk/Aircraft/2005/DK071319.html

By comparison the metal cargo sheds are a much deeper colour:

http://www.island-images2.co.uk/Aircraft/2007/FA111133.html

http://woodair.net