[jhb_airlines] IVAO session 24-09-08

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:32:14 +0100

bones -

Good session tonight, thanks!  Sorry that I missed John Hill, I've not
chatted to him for ages.

This is the screenie that I took whilst we were talking after I had shut
down:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/Diamond193/1-0006.jpg

Note the frame rate.

I've completely refurbished two old P4 pc's that I have had for years and
have also rebuilt another old P4 that I was recently given using bits
sourced from eBay (at minimum cost*).  All these machines are now fully
networked together and I've exploited my new-found super-computing power as
I described during our chat.  By distributing all the various add-on
programs that I use to complement my 'flying' over four of these machines, I
have dramatically improved the whole FSX/Vista/Horizon experience to an
extent that I would not have believed possible even two months ago!
Reducing the 'load' on the 'flying' machine is a definite plus.

It bodes well for the future.

M.

* a total of less than GBP40 <g>