[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO pilot report

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:01:31 +0100

I suspect that IVAO will rightly only add hours flown on their network. The
hours you fly online go into your personal record automatically but airline
hours only get added if you file a PIREP - it's not automatic because some
pilots fly for more than one VA.

As the VA needs 32 hours per week to qualify for retention on IVAO it will
be a necessary chore for pilots to complete PIREP's. At the moment only just
over four hours have been submitted.

In a nutshell, to accrue JHB hours in IVAO complete a PIREP. If you want to
increase your JHB rank them send me flight reports direct as we have always
done..

The database isn't in need of reactivation - it's still running. Updates are
slower these days because I guess pilots aren't too concerned about building
hours or ranks and reports are few and far between.