[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO and AI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 18:09:06 +0000

I agree it would be so difficult as to be almost impossible.

For the same reason it's usually inadviseable to send out Traffic files with third party scenery. To take the soon to emerge Greenham Common as an example, my test version displays AI C144, B52 and F111 aircraft. They are present parked up and also arriving and departing. Mike B and Tony Meredith also use them; partly for atmosphere but also so that the viabillity of the parking spots, taxiways etc can be checked. Unless eventual downloaders of the scenery download and instal the identical aircraft, then the Traffic file is useless. Copyright prevents the inclusion of the aircraft in the scenery package. Even were that possible, success would depend on its correct installation.

The only way around the problem would be to use only Default aircraft in the Traffic files. The 'orrible appearance of much of this would take the gilt from the gingerbread.

Pity though, the idea's a good 'en Paul.

I would agree that if ATC could direct AI traffic then it would be viable
within IVAO. In truth I think it impossible because generated AI traffic is
unique to each FS user- it's created within each PC. The alternative is to
have IVAO generated AI traffic that everyone can see - but that means
turning off the users AI again..

http://woodair.net