[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO and AI

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:59:23 -0000

Active AI is a nuisance when flying online. It's all very well for a
seasoned pilot who can tell the difference between AI and online traffic but
some pilots don't. If they start bleating about traffic ATC can't see or
control - or start taking action to avoid such traffic then it gets
confusing.

FPI disabled AI aircraft, VATSIM probably does and multiplayer used to in
FS9 (I can't speak for FSX).

If you are flying online in a stream of aircraft and one pilot starts
diverging from ATC instructions to avoid an AI aircraft on his system - the
result being that ATC then have to break you off you approach - you may find
this annoying. I think that turning AI off as default is a good move.

At least IVAO gives you the option to turn on AI again. By doing so it
assumes you know the consequences.

http://woodair.net