[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO Weather

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:10:08 +0100

OTOH, the IVAO weather has just arrived, as the cloud descends towards us, over the tops of the hills.

That's even stranger; how did IVAO get the weather right but the timing wrong?

Anyway, I've just canceled my intended top down run to Douglas. Obviously I can't drive in this, when I don't have an IR rating

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:
I've just spent a very enjoyable half hour, flying through gaps in the clouds, whilst checking on my IOM tree planting. The effects, with cloud spilling down into some of the valleys, was extremely realistic. My takeoff from Hall Caine saw me having to level off well below my intended 2000', to keep below the cloudbase.

The only snag is that, as I look out of my window towards Hall Caine's true position, the nearest cloud must be at least 10,000' and quite lonely.

Where does the weather come from. I reckon it's all down to Global Warming!