[jhb_airlines] IVAO Weather

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:00:30 +0100

I've just spent a very enjoyable half hour, flying through gaps in the clouds, whilst checking on my IOM tree planting. The effects, with cloud spilling down into some of the valleys, was extremely realistic. My takeoff from Hall Caine saw me having to level off well below my intended 2000', to keep below the cloudbase.

The only snag is that, as I look out of my window towards Hall Caine's true position, the nearest cloud must be at least 10,000' and quite lonely.

Where does the weather come from. I reckon it's all down to Global Warming!