[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO AI aircraft

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:24 +0100 (BST)

Any aircraft and livery which pilots A, B & C each have on their systems
will be seen correctly by A, B & C, but pilot D comes along who doesn't
have that aircraft or livery installed, and he will see something else.
What he sees depends on his individual FS setup and what aircraft he has
installed. If he has the aircraft, but not the livery he will see the
standard livery that came with that aircraft.  If he doesn't have that
aircraft, he is most likely to see an FS default Cessna 172. I'm talking
GS aircraft only here.

As a neat example of this philosophy, the 2-4-Cix aerobatic team have
exactly the same livery, but individual tail numbers 1, 2, 3 etc.  Each
pilot has every variation installed within the aircraft config file for
the Chipmunks which they fly, and when they gather, they all have their
individual tail numbers which looks superb on a screenshot. See
http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/images/070518/gb2.jpg However, sadly, anyone
one watching who has Rick Pipers Chippie installed will only see them in
RAF training colours. Anyone watching who does not have the Chippie
installed will see a default Cessna 172

Peter