[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO AI aircraft

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:46:41 +0100

Thanks for the route to the list.

It looks as though the GA list hasn't grown.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

I accept that painting VFR aircraft in VA colours may not be an option but
it is worth exploring. Maybe I could just go for the BE58 as British Midland
use one in real life for flying the boss around..

For IFR aircraft I have to know the repaints would be needed to be used and
by a good number of pilots. If everyone flies a different IFR aircraft in
IVAO - if I see one in a B747, one in a B737, on an A320 and one a DC10 then
the lack of consistency may preclude any further action in the repaint idea.
It also has to be said that it is early days yet and IFR may be some time
away for most pilots. At least on IVAO you can upload aircraft in stages -
you don't have to create an airline pack as PCI required.

BTW, is there a link for download list updates, for IVAO aircraft?

Looking at the MTL pages the amount of submissions is quite high. Go to the
Software Development tab and from this choose the MTL tab. There is a
catalogue here to check but also look at the Informations (sic) tab and
check the number of files they have received and are ready to release. At
the moment I see about 50 aircraft/repaints submitted for inclusion into the
library.