[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 15:31:00 +0000

"A bit more on the ball". sURELY YOU JEST!

Bones will know but I doubt a real life controller would have to handle that volume single handed? Particularly over more than two hours without a break.

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
It was a good night for me too at Leeds.

4 UKV inbounds + a UKV trainer, 2 JHB inbound and one out.

Watching that steady stream of traffic out of Dublin for most of the evening was good too. The only crevat I had, was that London was a bit slow in dropping and passing over traffic to me, had to get a couple to do orbits to get them down, to slot into downwind. Handoffs where within 20 miles.

Understanderble, with the traffic he was handling. But as the Dublin traffic was crossing just south of Leeds! he should have been a bit more on the ball.

I will try to log onto Leeds a bit more often, but with Christmas coming up, and the problems with a distant relative, it is going to be a case of as and when.