[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:56 +0100 (BST)

> I'm p....d
> off with the vendors' security fetishes, that mean I have to
> remember where I've written serial numbers; if indeed I remembered
> to write them in the first place!
I have a simple system for the dozens of such info I have here, work
stuff and leisure stuff.  Computers can find things far quicker than
human beings, so rather than a bit of paper, I create a subfolder for
each download in a folder called Downloaded Software.  In each folder, as
well as the installer and the software, I keep a text file with the
password and user name info. I then copy the downloads folder to DVD
every so often.

You could do something similar all contained in a zip file, but there's
nornmally only minimal space saving by doing that.