[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:28:29 +0100

It was even more scary that they had access to my account, via the direct debit. Earlier this month I had contact from the Visa card's Fraud department. Their system flags untypical transactions, of which there were two. Both were travel associated, one for only £1.50 and the other for £40. They eventually credited me with both.

However, I only ever use my credit card for on line purchases, and not very often, so the card details must have been accessed from there. What was worrying was the thought that it would be easy to clean out my current account, if my cash card details were hacked. I use the cash card for over the counter purchases, petrol etc. I've just opened a "Reserve" account, from which I'll just top up my current account with minimal amounts, to cover my cash card purchases. The card for the Reserve account will never be used directly, so it shouldn't be possible for it to be accessed fraudulently. Damage limitation!

It's frightening that we have to take these steps but clearly we do.

Gerry Winskill

Fred Stopforth wrote:

Gerry,So they lied about how you did your transactions?Does that mean they are acting in a manner of being fraudulent in manners of transaction?That's scary. Fred