[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:44:45 EDT

paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Frank,

If you are monitoring The Eye, and you are  VFR then where you have nearby
traffic that you may be a  hazard to it is  polite to inform your fellow pilots
of your intentions so seperation may be  maintained.  You do not need to
'broadcast' your message, you can message  just the pilot who you may impact
using
the familiar ".msg  <callsign>" (without the quotes) in the message bar of the
IVaP  window.

Paul

Paul,

I guess the TCAS would also show any nearby traffic. I need to look up and
add the .MSG function to my notes, thanks.

Frank T.