[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:48:03 +0100

A lot of the 90 pages is to do with installation, don't put your fingers in the plug Mrs Robinson, etc. The amount you need to be able to get on and connect to the radio is much smaller, so don't be put off by it. The only really useful piece of advice I can offer is just follow one of the volunteer gurus. If you listen to too many of us it's bound to become confusing. So, it's no more from me!

Gery Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 26/08/2007 19:37:27 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    The latest version of the Manual is quite easilly digestable. You can
    tell you have the correct version when it refers to TeamSpeak and not
    RogerWilco.
    The main feature of the popup panel is its access to the
    Flightplan. You
    can manage without some of the other features, since the various
    frequencies can be dialed in via the aircraft panel.
    In many ways it's easier than PCI. In my own case I could access
    VoiceClient only if I'd first used Servinfo to log on to a voice
    server.
    In IVAO the switching on of TeamSpeak is automatic and you don't
    need to
    do anything specific.

    Gerry Winskill

Gerry,
I think I have the latest version, but at 90+ pages it covers a lot of ground. Now I have done a few flights I think I need to read it again, some more might stick in the brain this time! Frank T.