[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:21 +0100 (BST)

When i feel like that, Fred - and I do, often - particularly when 3
customers want 5 jobs in 2 weeks before I go on holiday, I have a cuppa
tea and tackle just one item at a time, forgetting all the rest.

The downloads from IVAO aren't very obvious to find, in my opinion.  They
are under Departments sidebar menu in the Software Development dropdown
option, whereas I would have expected released versions to be in a
separate section for New Starters, as Vatsim do (who mentioned them?)

To download the pilot software, click on the bold "[Download]" text in
the Ivap part of the Software Development Department page (top left area).
This will display a page with the three versions available for download.
Make sure you select the IVap software for your FS version.  If you are
running FSX, choose the one you need depending on whether you have
Teamspeak already installed. For FS9, Teamspeak is built in and it only
installs it if it isn't already installed on your system.

You will need the MTL Download for your version of FS too, but after
downloading it and running it you will be recommended to download all the
MTL aircraft.  DONT! Just accept the ones already ticked when see the
list. It won't do any harm if you do accept the recommendation - it just
fills up your PC with dozens of unwanted aircraft models.

Peter