[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:01:49 +0100

May be summat amis with your system, Peter. I run both on the same PC and closing IVAO has no effect on FSX. Disconnecting has a serious effect on my nerves! That high pitched destroyer klaxon type thingie always makes me jump.

About the only thing that does, these days!
Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

I always found PCI a bit odd, but the IVap pilot software is very
straightforward and TeamSpeak just works automatically - you don't even
have to look at it once you have set a PTT key or yoke button during your
very first session.  Similarly if you want to, you can switch off the
IVAp panel during a session once you have logged into IVAO and filed your
flight plan, unless you want to use the TCAs feature.
The only gotcha I have found is that if you run IVap on the same PC as FS,
if you select "Stop IVap" from it's menu within FS, it switches off FS as
well, so you need to disconnect from IVAO then stop FS to prevent an
abrupt ending.  With a networked setup this doesn't happen.

Peter

*From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
*To:* jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Date:* Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:36:49 +0100

The latest version of the Manual is quite easilly digestable. You can tell you have the correct version when it refers to TeamSpeak and not RogerWilco. The main feature of the popup panel is its access to the Flightplan. You can manage without some of the other features, since the various frequencies can be dialed in via the aircraft panel. In many ways it's easier than PCI. In my own case I could access VoiceClient only if I'd first used Servinfo to log on to a voice server. In IVAO the switching on of TeamSpeak is automatic and you don't need to do anything specific.