[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:11:43 +0100

The trees are probably the Gerrish Grey set which only work if the BGL and
textures are in the correct default folders. You could check this by
disabling the Jurby_Tree.BGL or Andreas_Tree.BGL.

Textures are a problem because, like many designers, I freely use the Nova,
Nova Gold and VOD sets. These would be well established in your FS9 setup
but I guess will be missing from FSX. Even if you put them in I'm not sure
the VOD.pat files will work.

Jurby runway height is accurate but I'll guess the flatten doesn't work and
so the mismatch becomes obvious. As FS9 flattens don't work in FSX the same
will apply to Ronaldsway and Andreas - they will both need new ones. If you
know how FSX flattens are created I might be able to rewrite the XML code
for them.

I am surprised the buildings at Ronaldsway work because most are still SCASM
coded. Only a handful are GMax.