[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:43:32 +0100

The UK can be rather quiet on some nights but this is too our advantage - it
means we can step into this new world in relative peace without having loads
of controllers to face up to. In that sense it is much like our early days
on FPI when it also had a few but growing numbers of ATC staff.

At the same time IVAO is following the rules more closely and so, although
quiet, we need to drag all the knowledge we used to have in early FPI days
out of our skulls and start learning how to use it again. As a help to this
I recommend the IVAO I-Pack tutorials which are nicely split into one page
per topic so you can go through each at your leisure without feeling you are
faced with a mound of new rules to learn. I had a chance to look through the
I-Pack pages last night and they are nicely written. Some are a bit old but
a lot have been revised this year.