[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:39:52 +0100

Frank

I understand the constraints on controllers under IVAO rules, and our other regulars (FrankF, John H and Phil) may well not be interested in swotting up and qualifying for (and being fixed at) other fields. What I actually had in mind when I referred to ATC elsewhere was ANY ATC, not just what might be available through our own JHB team. For example, I might feel bold enough to fly from a friendly Bones-operated EGNS to a more demanding EGKK, staffed by some IVAO 5-star hotshot, and then back to EGNS for some tea and sympathy ...

Mike L

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

I don't think its a big deal for us pilots, but I understand that the ATC guys have to do a good deal of homework on each location before being able to run it, the IVAO rules being much stricter than Pilot's Club. I think they should take the lead in deciding when we move.