[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:07:17 EDT

mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

After  last night's short but successful session - and even though some
of us  (and I certainly include myself here) need to familiarise
ourselves with  the IvAp software and brush up our rusty procedures - I
wonder what is  left for our FPI/PCI sessions?  The only plus would seem
to be the  ability of the controllers to plug in wherever they want, so
we can fly  anywhere.  Is this feature sufficient on its own?  We all
know  how bad PCI can be with lag when we get a few aircraft in fairly
close  proximity.  Perhaps the time has come to switch our Wednesday
sessions to IVAO?  I can't help thinking that a couple of sessions  such
as Bones is suggesting, to build confidence with the 'new' software  and
to dust off our ATC procedures, is the way to go.  With a 'tame'
controller at one end, we might consider some arrangement to fly out to,
and back from, a selection of other fields (which could be in active ATC
areas or not, according to taste).

I will certainly try my best to  make Tuesday available for this - but I
would be just as happy to see our  Weds sessions move over to IVAO.

Mike L

Mike,

I don't think its a big deal for us pilots, but I understand that the ATC
guys have to do a good deal of homework on each location before being able to
run it, the IVAO rules being much stricter than Pilot's Club. I think they
should take the lead in deciding when we move.

Frank T.