[jhb_airlines] IVAO

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Airlines Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:10:01 +0100

I'll be online for a couple of hours for testing.

The session last night was quiet until both Mike's turned up. We had time to
run some tests and these proved very enlightening. Mike Lucas was using my
EGNS scenery with an airfield altitude of 33ft and Mike Brook was using
UK2000 scenery with airfield height of 58ft. Despite this variation in
airfield elevation both aircraft saw each other correctly sitting on the
ground. The floating aircraft syndrome that plagued PCI seems to be resolved
in IVAO.

Both pilots also saw each other in the correct aircraft types (as filed in
the flight plan). The third PCI annoyance of lag also seems to be absent in
IVAO.

These are strong indications of a superior simulation and, as Mike said last
night, this would have made a huge difference to our flyin at Woburn some
months back. To eliminate lag alone would have made that session really good
fun.

What I would like to do is organise a session at Ronaldsway with as many JHB
aircraft as possible. This would test the session nicely and we could see if
any problems arise from this. The big question is whether pilots have a
spare evening free in addition to Wednesday night so we can run the test.
The UK night on IVAO is normally each Tuesday - is anyone free this week for
a run?

http://fsaviation.net