[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:53:27 +0100

That's one way of dealing with problems. My reply to his showing a shot of Gatwick was to ask him to say what Bristol looks like, on his system. My request seems to have fallen off his forum. Perhaps it's global warming and it's vapourised in the heat.
I don't pull that stunt and my rubbish is Freeware.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I use the [DISPLAY] lines in FSX, having origina;lly learned of them from you, for FS9. But there are two problems with the GS lighting.

It isn't affected by the settings, whereas all other designers works and Default are. GS admits he uses a different system and blames MS because his system doesn't work. This is twaddele and inexcuseable, since he designed the four Xtreme fields for FSX. His updates don't change them because he says it can't be done. I'd have thought he only needed to substitute the Default method but don't know enough to be confident of that. His "excuse" is that he just puts in a point of light and has no control over how FSX treats it.

The second problem is that the excessive size of the Bristol lights isn't shared with the other three, so there must be something different about this set. Someone mentioned that he was using THTG, so GS thought that was playing a part but hadn't seen the kit. In my post I mentioned that I used THTG but still had the problem, in single screen mode.

His reply, this morning, is to show a shot of what he sees at Gatwick, not commenting on Bristol, which is the one I drew to his attention. I've asked him for a shot of Bristol.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

In FS2004 the point source lights were altered by changing the halo.bmp.
Some bright spark started it off by wanting brighter taxi lights on the
aircraft and found that making halo.bmp lighter did the trick - not
realising that the same bitmap is used for runway lights and several other
objects.

Flight Environment had four or five options for changing this bitmaps
intensity and I think the same is also available in ASV6. Failing that there
was also an FS9.cfg hack which I think many of us used. My hack was:

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=18
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30 //scales edge,
center,end,touchdown,runways
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.70 // scales VASI lights) les 4 enligner
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.70 // scales approach light bars
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.70 //scales RAILs and ODALs)