[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:25:35 +0100

Gerry,

When using FSC you did select the right aircraft didn't you?  FSC, like
FSNav contains a rudimentary database of aircraft performance data.  Two of
the bits of data are 'Ceiling' and 'Cruise FL'.  If your planned route would
not ensure you are above MSA while remaining below the ceiling you will get
a warning.

I believe that's how it works, though I'm not sure if the warning is also
triggered by needing to fly above listed cruise FL but below ceiling.

Prompt for Frank F, MSA - Minimum Safe Altitude

So check the data for your chosen aircraft, if it's wrong or you want to add
a new model, there are 'New', 'Edit' and 'Delete' options available from the
Database menu on the Aircraft Window.

I would guess this is the reason the reversed route was rejected but I'm
only guessing.