[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:38:08 +0100

Bones

What is throwing me at the moment, is all these acroynims you keep throw around, I have to stop and think or look up what you are talking about, or just pass over it.

You have to remember that, as a qualified pilot and controller, you are talking to a bunch of grey haired? rookies?, luckly mine is not yet grey, but I consider myself a rookie with an IQ of about 65(decreases as I get older).

I am not asking that you set up a flight and or controller school, but would like to be lead gently upwards.

I myself do not have access to all the necessary publications you speak about, except that which I can glean from the net.

I have the IVAO eye, Vroute and RFinder, FSNav and FSCommander, 1/2 mil air charts for the UK, also all the CAPs (very heavy reading, I get lost after a couple of pages). Mounds of printouts, but putting all together in a condensed readable form, I find difficult.

A bookworm I never was. And it is only now, that I can spend a bit of time, getting my hands dirty(and keeping a bottle of eye wash handy).

I know that you often go over the same ground at intervals, depending on questions asked.

FF