[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:05:15 +0100

In FS2004 the point source lights were altered by changing the halo.bmp.
Some bright spark started it off by wanting brighter taxi lights on the
aircraft and found that making halo.bmp lighter did the trick - not
realising that the same bitmap is used for runway lights and several other
objects.

Flight Environment had four or five options for changing this bitmaps
intensity and I think the same is also available in ASV6. Failing that there
was also an FS9.cfg hack which I think many of us used. My hack was:

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=18
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30 //scales edge,
center,end,touchdown,runways
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.70 // scales VASI lights) les 4 enligner
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.70 // scales approach light bars
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.70 //scales RAILs and ODALs)