[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:41:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/08/2007 17:21:33 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

In fact your timing was rather  unfortunate. John came on channel and I was
able to ask him to disconnect but  before I could log out and reconnect myself
- to re-establish channel  authority - you logged in. A quick check showed
that I still didn't have  channel control - the editing and bouncing options
were
still greyed out - so  that is why I asked you to log off Teamspeak. Only
then was I able to close  the channel down and restart it correctly.

I don't know if connecting is harder for  pilots but it is fairly automatic
for controllers. Starting the controller  software kicks TS into action and all
you have to do is create the channel,  add the callsign and bang in the
weather.

For pilots I would say that the only  caution is that when you have finished
your flying you have to make sure that  you leave the ATC channel, or close TS
down, otherwise that channel remains  active. This locks it and prevents ATC
from opening it again.

bones

I grabbed your frequency from the Eye, then manually tuned my COM radio to
it. It didn't appear in the on screen list (perhaps due to your problem). Once
tuned the IVAO system opened TS and put me into your channel.

Frank T.