[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:21:09 +0100

In fact your timing was rather unfortunate. John came on channel and I was
able to ask him to disconnect but before I could log out and reconnect
myself - to re-establish channel authority - you logged in. A quick check
showed that I still didn't have channel control - the editing and bouncing
options were still greyed out - so that is why I asked you to log off
Teamspeak. Only then was I able to close the channel down and restart it
correctly.

I don't know if connecting is harder for pilots but it is fairly automatic
for controllers. Starting the controller software kicks TS into action and
all you have to do is create the channel, add the callsign and bang in the
weather.

For pilots I would say that the only caution is that when you have finished
your flying you have to make sure that you leave the ATC channel, or close
TS down, otherwise that channel remains active. This locks it and prevents
ATC from opening it again.