[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:23:57 +0100

Paul,

I have the value set to zero, to follow the FSUIPC instruction on how to disable TCAS. I did that when trying to get rid of my alter ego. I only got rid of it by re installing FSC... Before that I had it set at a higher figure, to extend the distance at which it picks up AI. It looks as though there's no scope for range control, if you want both types to display.

BTW, on my system the IVAO TCAS doesn't work, even when I remember to switch it on.

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:

Gerry says...

"The icing on the cake, yesterday, was the Scillies sourced ATR42
appearing in my FSC window, which I'd opened in case it would show. Now
if only I knew how to increase the range at which it picks up IVAO
traffic, to something like that at which it shows my AI."

Gerry,

Garnered from the IVAO forum:

Set TCASrange = 0

It sets it to unlimited in FSUIPC which will then show any MP aircraft fed
into the AI pipeline.