[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:51:33 +0100

I'm registered and can get on line. Just comms problems to sort.
I tried to log on whilst doing Brawdy test circuits today. Not connecting was finger trouble. Is this type of on line VFR flying, with no radio contact but flightplan submitted, allowed?

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

The rules for a VA on IVAO are as follows:
To become a member VA of IVAO, your VA must satisfy the following:

   1. Your VA should be a *freeware, non commercial, non profit*,
      organization
   2. Be active in IVAO.
   3. Be operational. If not operational, your request will be removed.
   4. Have at least 10 pilots active members of IVAO.
   5. Have a functional website. If the VA is under construction your
      application will be rejected automatically.
   6. IVAO deserves the right to remove the VA from VA System and/or
      our databases without any advise neither explanation if HQ
      decide it.
   7. Only IVAO member VAs will have the right to maintain a
      registered ICAO code.

In addition the VA must fly at least 5 hours on average per week.
If we do the above I have to send an application in with several logos and a request to use the JHB code. Until that time pilots should not log in using JHB callsigns. We have become rather slack in radio operations in PCI. With virtually having the system to ourselves we have tended to use the main channel for chat and JHB_OPS has become less active. When more pilots were around in PCI we were a lot better. Now you are moving to IVAO the radio is much more strictly controlled - and we don't have the advantage of a second channel either. That means you cannot stay on the JHB frequency all the time - you can only jump to it by requesting permission from ATC to leave the operational frequency. This may be allowed but not for long if you are in the air. The first thing to check is how many of you are now registered with IVAO and active. If we can get the quota required and guarantee the minimum hours each week then I can go ahead with an application. bones