[jhb_airlines] Re: IVAO

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:24:17 +0100

Bones

The observation was, that to get an allocated voice channel, a SUP would have to be called, and a request made.

The alternate, would be to use the UNICOM channel(122.80?).

Not sure, that we would qualify for a VA status, not enough active members, but yes the JHB call sign should not be used. (guilty m'lud).

Just setting up as a controller, does not automatically create a voice channel, which is where calling a SUP comes in.

He will, if appropiate, then set one up for you, eg EGNS_APP or Diamond/whatever, your choice. Basically a personal lobby, it can even be passworded.

This should be our first port of call. Before thinking of setting up as a VA.

It will then give us our own voice channel/s.

That is my understanding from the manual

Frank