[jhb_airlines] Re: I/R procedures

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 09:19:58 +0100

I think a second pair of hands would be useful here <g>. Must see if I can drag my son from his XBox to sit in as P2/FO ...

Mike L

bones wrote:

The final test for the IOM procedures is to fly the old Manx Airlines Base
Check route. It sounds simple but there are pitfalls and traps for the
unwary. The route is:

Depart EGNS and route to KELLY - IOM - CAR. Take up the hold at CAR and fly
two holds. Fly the alternative ILS 26 approach from the CAR hold. Go around
at minimums and fly the MAP. Fly a radar vectored ILS back to 26 and land.

The above sounds simple but remember that in real life the pilots would be
subjected to minor emergency drills throughout the flight and would be given
an engine failure on take off or on the go around.. <vbg>