[jhb_airlines] Re: IOM visit

  • From: Mike Nicholls <miken5000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:57:32 +0000 (GMT)

Just back from a week in Cornwall - apart from the rain, rain,  drizzle and
rain the most exciting part was Ignition coil failure just west of Bodmin on
the A30, while cruising along at 70 - immediate total power loss including
power assisted brakes and steering. Two thoughts arose while waiting for the
ensuing pick up truck 1 ) good job this doesn't happen in the air and 2) you
would have thought there would be some sort of back up system in a modern car
Looking forward to comfort flying again
Mike