[jhb_airlines] Re: IOM,

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:24:13 +0100

I'll try and join you this evening then - the rest of the family are away this week and I could have been armchair flying every day (well, evenings - I still have to do SOME work). But I decided to undertake some upgrading on my main (FS) PC instead, and unfortunately that has not gone at all according to plan. Apart from a new PSU and graphics card, the rest of the upgrade went pear-shaped because the new mobo was DOA. A replacement mobo produced a BSOD on bootup - Gigabyte tell me that re-installation of the o/s is recommended when upgrading a mobo. Oh yeah? I've upgraded plenty of mobos in the past without re-installing the o/s - at most installing drivers for the new chipset was all that was required. I'm guessing that my switch from nForce chipset to Intel could be the root of the problem since I've been nForce-based for as long as I care to remember and so upgrades have always been within the nForce family. So I'm switching from the Intel-based board to an nForce equivalent and hope that this avoids an o/s re-installation.

Anyway, back to this evening's IVAO flying. If Bones would be willing to sit in the garden controlling via his new router then I'll wave on my way in ... ;-)

Mike L

Bones wrote:
Now that I am back in action I will open EGNS tonight on IVAO. I'm still
getting used to this new wireless router thing but if I have it set up
properly I should be able to use the laptop remotely now - if it was warmer
and I didn't look like a complete dipstick I could sit in the garden and
talk to you.. <g>