[jhb_airlines] Re: IOM,

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:47:03 +0100

Mike,

Two reasons why I'm still reluctant to go the SP2 route; I've just thought of a third.

First is that my setup is running extremely well and I don't want to risk going backwards. If black lines at EGNS are the price, then it's a very small one.

Second is that if all testing is done on SP2, then Tony won't have access to a way of identifying SP1 related errors.

Third, and the clincher, is the Horizon Forum feedback, when I raised the SP2 matter, last week. Those who are experiencing terminal errors, when accessing FSX Menu, are all running with Nvidia cards. So am I. The "if it ain't broke" rule is being applied.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Brook wrote:
Gerry -

I have not only had zero problems since installing SP2 (way back at the
beginning of the year) but I have had a distinct improvement in display
quality and frame rates.  Your choice, of course, but I would strongly
advise that the bullet be bitten and you install SP2 <G>.

M.

p.s.  I'm not saying that installing SP2 will solve your problem but I do
know that Tony currently designs and tests using FSX SP2 ...