[jhb_airlines] IMPORTANT - PILOT HOURS

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Airlines Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:17:25 +0100

I have set up the IVAO pages to accept all existing pilot hours from JHB. As
a result the following applies:

1. All flights that get accepted on IVAO will now be added to your total
hours automatically.

2. All pilot ranks are now automatically updated from the IVAO totals.

The current totals are to be found at
http://www.ivao.aero/vasystem/admin/va_details.asp?Id=6635. Note that these
include all validated IVAO PIREPs and will be completely up to date (from my
last validation check). IVAO will show higher hours than my JHB Hours page -
which becomes somewhat redundant.

The only pilot missing from the IVAO listing is Kevin and for this reason I
will keep the JHB Hours page active - but it will lag behind the IVAO page
in currency. All future pilots joining JHB will be asked to register with
IVAO.

If you fly offline and want to file a flight report these will have to be
sent to me directly - they cannot be filed on the IVAO PIREP form. I will
then add these hours to the IVAO totals so that the IVAO summary is always
up to date. This will be the only fiddly bit as I can't automate this
process.

PIREPs were last processed at 1800 so the hours on the above page will be
accurate to that time.

John Woodside
bones@xxxxxxx
http://woodair.net