[jhb_airlines] Re: IFC

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 21:17:29 -0000

I have to confess that I found the FS Show rather dull today but meeting
up with old and new friends more than made up for things.  It was good
to meet Ralf, Stefan, Alex, Grant and the delightful Christina (not that
the others weren't delightful but I'm sure that you all understand where
I'm coming from ...) from Pilot Club.  Mike Lucas, Peter Dodds, Tom
Isaac and Frank Turley (with his very brave SWMBO) were also there along
with several folk from the UKScenery List (including Kit Spackman,
resplendent in his Albion Air Cargo Captain's uniform).  Bones, I passed
your message on to Kit verbatim, as requested <g>, his reply was
unrepeatable.  I will arrange for incriminating photos of those that
were prepared to pose to be posted on the 'net in due course ...

The weather forecast for anyone planning to go on Sunday is not good,
you might need your wellies.  If any of you are interested in model
railways the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition is on in Hall 1
(admission GBP9.50) and also the Sport and Leisure Aviation Show in Hall
2 (Admission GBP10.00).  That's not counting the Clothes Show Live in
Halls 4 & 5!  Needless to say there was quite a disparity between the
average visitor to Halls 1 through 3A compared to those attending the
rest of the NEC, I've never seen so many skinny women in my life ...

It was actually quite a fun day!

MikeB
JHB193