[jhb_airlines] Re: IFC

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:27 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

A neat summary of the new book just out "The Social Structure of the English
Speaking Peoples" by G.
Winskill, in line for this years Nobel prize for philosophy.  <g>

The problem with every system/structure is that there are advantages and
disadavantages, and often
the disadvantages get given too much weight. For example we try to alleviate
poverty and suffering,
but only succeed in shifting it to another set of parameters. I was deprived as
a boy because I only
got one present at Christmas, had hardly any pocket money and was caned at
school.  Today children
who are deprived are deprived because they only have one parent.  Which is
worse? Is indeed either
perceived to be worse by the "victim"?