[jhb_airlines] Re: ICR3

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:22:37 -0000

Well done on passing the exam. Does that put you up to Student or Junior
Controller?

Users with ServInfo may be puzzled as to why I remain at Junior =
Controller
level. The reason is quite simple. As with VATSIM, once you move up to
Senior Controller it implies you are qualified to mentor students and =
are
expected to take part in online training. Whilst this is indeed a =
welcome
idea it can result in you getting swamped with requests for training to =
the
extent that interferes with your own online sessions.=20

Indeed, one of the reasons why I dropped out of VATSIM was that I found =
most
of my controlling sessions heavily interrupted by questions and chat =
from
other student controllers online. In the end this wasn't fair to the =
pilots
I was controlling as the interruptions became too distracting and I =
don't
want the same process to start again in FPI. So I will happily stay at
Junior level and concentrate on providing a proper ATC service to pilots =
-
at the moment I think this is more important.

This doesn't mean I'll ignore requests for help from other controllers
entirely. I'll assist whenever I can but the help I give will be =
Priority 2
- pilots will come first. As a mentor you don't get this luxury..