[jhb_airlines] Re: IAP Tutorial

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:26:03 +0100

Wind is a constant variable and can be a headache. If you are put in a stack
and slowly get dropped down in this as aircraft at the bottom get fed off to
the ILS the wind will usually back and decrease.

Wind drift to a VOR is easy as you just have to subtract the radial (your
track) from your heading. That assumes you are nicely stabilised on the
radial though and not still chasing the needle. If you were on the correct
285 radial to VANIN then a 286 heading would only give one degree of drift..