[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Troughs In FSX

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:26:58 +0000

With the VFR GM mesh Snake Farm is fine too. If you ignore the accurately placed pylon! I'd guess it operates with just a single runway direction, since, from the other end, it's a cse of passing under the wires, then turning 15 deg right, to get to the threshold. Definitely change of underwear territory.

Do you know anyone who has flown into there?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Tom,
I'm baffled by Teesside!
With the Horizon Vol 3 mesh disabled, with the scenery library pointed back at the various, earlier VFR GM Terrain Mesh folders, the general situation on the ground improves. Having flown Bagby, I did a touch and go at Fishburn, en route from Kirkbride to Teesside. No gullys at Fishburn and a combination of Horizon ground detail and FSX ground traffic produce a tremendously realistic atmosphere, landing from the West. All of which changes at Teesside! It seems to be constructed on finger shaped plateaux, with all surrounding terrain in deep valleys. What I can't understand is how soething that is presumably a dodgy MS feature defies the mesh. All this definitely just with theDefault version of Teesside.

Gerry Winskill

Tom Smith wrote:

Points taken Gerry
Teesside airport is just about un-flyable in the default fsx but it won't be long before some one a lot cleaver than me sorts it out [I hope]
Tom