[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Troughs In FSX

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:09:18 +0000

Tom,
I'm baffled by Teesside!
With the Horizon Vol 3 mesh disabled, with the scenery library pointed back at the various, earlier VFR GM Terrain Mesh folders, the general situation on the ground improves. Having flown Bagby, I did a touch and go at Fishburn, en route from Kirkbride to Teesside. No gullys at Fishburn and a combination of Horizon ground detail and FSX ground traffic produce a tremendously realistic atmosphere, landing from the West. All of which changes at Teesside! It seems to be constructed on finger shaped plateaux, with all surrounding terrain in deep valleys. What I can't understand is how soething that is presumably a dodgy MS feature defies the mesh. All this definitely just with theDefault version of Teesside.

Gerry Winskill

Tom Smith wrote:

Points taken Gerry
Teesside airport is just about un-flyable in the default fsx but it won't be long before some one a lot cleaver than me sorts it out [I hope]
Tom