[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Scenery AIO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:55:50 +0100

If anyone wants to go AIO, that would help them?

Alternatively I could send out what I have and the non AIOs could use the various volumes, without any instructions from me. Does that sound reasonable? I don't want to give advice on how to instal to a type of setup I don't have.

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
Gerry

For what it is worth,this is the way I know.

(you will need a spare 70-80 gig of space to do this)

a) make a folder ie GenX-AIO
b) make 4 sub folders-1.2m Photo/2.4m Photo/Night and Mesh.
c) make further subfolders in each-called Scenery.
d) make in each Photo folders, also Texture, this is where you place the .AGN files from your addons.

Now go through each of the original Volumes and Area's, and copy the files into the above 4 relevent folders.

This will be a long process.

In FS scenery library, remove the original GenX, (there will be 13? entries including the demo), and load the new AIO in the same format. You should then end up with 5 entries, You could also dump the demo files in as well, cutting down on an entry.

I will be having another go at it in a few weeks time, I still have to download the last watermask file, and also the 9 new terrain mesh files, At the moment I am having trouble getting the downloads to work, something is blocking access, or the download site is not working, either way I cannot add the nightlighting, until it is fully updated, as it changes it to V2.0, and the downloads will not install, they need V1.1.

There is also a batch file from Horizon, which will reverse the above, it does work.

If anyone knows a better way?