[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Scenery AIO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 14:16:35 +0100

Mike,

Having been well and truly sidetracked, I realise that none of my aircraft have been making calls, in FSX. A quick search shows that the gauges in my panels are all non FSX compatible. gau format.

Searching under Calls I eventually traced a DH8 package that contains a GPSW setup, with calls. It's dhc8glon.zip, from either Avsim or Flightsimcom.

I've built it into one of my GA panels, just to see if it works. Part is a pushbutton gauge, so you'll need a place for it to appear. I'll read the instructions, after a trip to admire the palm trees.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Nicholls wrote:
Thanks Gerry
I hadn't thought of it as being a particular guage, as the warnings come in automatically - I will clearly need to do some research and compare to find some common ground. Generally speaking the guage file names give a clue. Most heavy metal aircraft have the warning, certainly Fokkers, Airbuses and Boeings - in each case the panels are different so as you say there has to be a common guage Thanks for the clues Mike