[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Scenery AIO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:03:37 +0100

Mike,

You're hooked! You'll need to give up the day job, now that you've started fiddling with Panel.cfg and Aircraft.cfg.

It's surprising what changes you can make. On a couple of light aircraft there's no way they can be slowed to touchdown speed, without the elevator being so far back that you land with a tail strike. I sometimes increase the flap drag but it then applies across the range of flap settings. So, takeoff run can increase. On one of them I added a furthe flap capabillity; 60 degrees. That worked really well and I could get the stall warning to sound, as it made a landing in the now correct attitude. Watching a replay, from outside, I hadn't expected the flaps would actually show up as having the extra setting. They looked like barn doors. The real aircraft doesn't have it but I'm prepared to see that departure from reallity, as a trade off for the landing being decently similar to the real thing.

Panel. cfg is even more rewarding. If you want to take advantage of CAA clearance, and the aircraft manufacturers' options, to swap a couple of analogue dials for a glass PFD, keeping smaller analogues below, it's quite easy. The danger then is that you may find yourself increasing the data that the PFD will display
. Soon you'll find yourself turning in later and rising earlier.

Welcome to the club.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Nicholls wrote:
Thanks Gerry
I found one in my A319 panel called ".......callout" which seemed appropriate Copied it into the main window of the panel.cfg - it seems to be a dormant guage, anyway tried the appropriate landing and nothing materialised - so back to the drawing board, I'll try a Fokker one next On another point, I have had to increase the brake " power/strength " in the aircraft.cfg as although only a light jet the brakes were set to 0.52, on my other business jet it was 1.35. This means it will now happily stop on a short runway ( like Newquay ( Perranporth )) , rather than plough through the fence at the end of the runway. Mike