[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Scenery AIO

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:49:34 +0100

But to do that I'd have to start digging back to the various sources. That defeats the object of limiting the time I spend on tackling the unattractive job of writing the ReadMe instructions.

I'm limiting access to our small crowd because it's proved to be impossible, with general releases, to avoid the workload brought by the "great scenery but can you tell me why your trees go brown in winter" correspondence. Even worse, two who have me trying to discover why sceneries don't appear in FSX. Eventually to find they didn't know that having downloaded a scenery file, it's necessary to do something with it!

Nowadays negative feedback can also be expected from the direction of a few Payware outfits.

Presumably all those who have opted for the AIO conversion.

My point is that it's not a good idea to add a routine to a readme file that
is covered elsewhere. Should the conversion process change this would be
covered at source but you would have to ensure your own instructions kept up
with any changes. It's far easier to put a link in your readme to the source
documentation as you never need to rewrite your instructions or update your
zip. It saves a lot of work!

http://woodair.net