[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Photoscenery Install

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:35:38 +0000

Flatterer!

Mike Lucas wrote:

OK, Gerry, you asked for it - YOU'RE OLD-FASHIONED AND RATTY.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:

The scenery is very good. If you manage to get through the installation without a coronary, regard it as a bonus.

I pointed out on their forum, as did another punter, that Vol 3's Disk 3 was never requested. Several hours of following suggestions and it may, perhaps, be installing correctly.

Call me old fashioned but an install system that involves inserting disks in the order
D1
D2
D1
D2
D3

doesn't strike me as straightforward, particularly when re inserting D1 sees it try to start all over again. Apparently it's required to cope with the volume. Call me even more old fashioned but I'd have thought using an extra DVD might have been a simpler route. I've appreciated the help but deplore the fact I needed it. At one stage I did point out that I am not Beta testing but trying to install a not inexpensive purchase. All right, call me ratty, as well as old fashioned.

None of which detracts from the scenery. When you've bought it, please give me a shout if you find installing Vol 3 has you reaching for the antidepressants; I could borrow some from you.